How to Ruin Your Life: Part 3

This week Gwen taught about friends and ways that they can influence teenagers in negative ways. She said that we should look out for friends that do not respect parents or authorities. We also talked about how, many times, we change the way we act when we are around certain friends. Sometimes the best thing we can do is tell someone, "I need to pursue my relationship with Jesus and I can not do that when you are around so I need to stop hanging out with you."

I have heard people say, "If we are to witness to people like Jesus did, then we need to hang around bad people, right?" The answer to that question is, "You aren't Jesus." What Jesus told us to do is to take the gospel to those around us and if they reject it, we shake it off and walk away.

Ask your teens, Do you change the way you act around your friends? Is there a way I can help you make and keep good friends that respect you for you?

This Week's Reading
Monday- Proverbs 21
Tuesday- Proverbs 22
Wednesday- Proverbs 23
Thursday- Proverbs 24
Friday- Proverbs 25
Saturday- Proverbs 26

Comments